Winner of 2 History Awards From the Kentucky Historical Society
THIS WEBSITE FUNDED BY THE FORT BOONESBOROUGH FOUNDATION
Historic Marker Dedication at Boone Station
April 21, 2007 Photos by Jim and Kathy Cummings
Parks historian, Ron Bryant gives the history of Boone Station.
Kentucky Parks Commissioner J.T. Miller with Attorney Henry Curtis. Curtis has championed the development of Boone Station both within the Parks Department and to the media and other interested agencies.
The brief roadside dedication brought re-enactors, public officials and visitors together.
Marilyn Zoidis, Assistant Director of the Kentucky Historical Society is introduced by Parks Commissioner J.T. Miller.
The Highway Marker Program is a project of The Kentucky Historical Society in cooperation with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
Marilyn Zoidis, recently joined The Historical Society, and during her comments spoke of how impressive the Ky Marker Program is as a newcomer to the Commonwealth.
State officials gather as the new Marker is unveiled.
Also on hand were Clark County Judge Executive Henry Branham and Winchester native Steve Caudill.
As the crowd moved back up into the park and the day’s other activities, Re-Enactor Tony Richardson moved in for a closer view of the marker.
The original Fort Boonesborough was built by Daniel Boone and his men in 1775